Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Freezer jam

Today, Adrianne and I made strawberry freezer jam. We made 4 batches in under 2 hours. Last year it took us double the amount of time to make the same amount. We sped up the process by using an egg slicer to slice the strawberries and a hand blender to mash them up. It was really nice not having to hand mash the strawberries like last year. McKenna really likes the jam and will eat it out of the jar with a spoon.

I have a new calling at church. I am the CTR 7 teacher. I was released as the Enrichment leader last week. They were just waiting for me to stop working Sundays. I think I will forever be put in the primary. I was almost the Sunbeam teacher. I think I have taught Sunbeams three times already. This is a change for me. I have two boys in the class and 4 girls. The boys are a little hard to handle in Sunday School, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve for next week. The girls are angels.

Dan's calling is going well...I think. He is busy on Sundays and has to go to mutual on Wednesday nights. Sundays can be a little overwhelming for me, but we manage. Dan is taking care of Ryleigh during Sunday school and Primary so that helps. I think she pooped twice during church last Sunday just for her daddy.

McKenna finished gymnastics last week. She does a pretty good handstand now. She is taking a break for summer. We may look into getting her ready for competitive gymnastics instead of the Little Gym. McKenna is really excited for Kindergarten next month. She starts on the 23rd of July. She is going to year-round school.

Ryleigh rolled over for the babysitter last Friday... twice! Too bad Jodi didn't see it either time. She went from her stomach to her back. I can't get her to do it at home yet. She must only do it when no one is looking. Ryleigh really likes balloons. Mckenna was throwing one in the air and Ryleigh just laughed and laughed. Too bad she didn't laugh again when I was trying to show Dan.

Dan and I are trying to get into shape before our trip to the Oregon Coast in August. Yesterday, I did one hour of pilates, weeded in the backyard for 2 hours, and lifted weights at night. I am sore today. Dan is running every morning before work and lifting weights too. We will see how it goes. Sometimes it is hard to work out with everything else I have to do. Our garden is coming along. Hopefully the weather starts to cooperate and get warm so my plants can grow.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I need to make jam too. What a great idea with the egg slicer!

Ohh the OR coast. I miss home sometimes. Ok I didn't live on the coast, but I still miss oregon. It has been a year and a half, sigh.