Friday, February 6, 2009

Big Silver


This is Big Silver. He is our newest addition to the family. At the beginning of January we had to make a car decision. The end of lease date on the 4runner was coming up and we needed to decide whether or not to keep her. McKenna nicknamed her Red Rover. New Year's Day we took a drive to the car dealership to check out new and used cars. Unfortunately, all the car dealers were closed New Years Day. We thought that was weird. We were about to give up when we drove passed Big Silver. He is a 2005 Toyota Sequoia with leather interior, sunroof, and holds 8 passengers. The price was right (the same if we purchased the 4runner) so we went back the next day to trade up. McKenna loves Big Silver (Heigh ho Silver!) and loves sitting in the third row all by herself. Ryleigh is now sitting facing forward and loves to be able to see everything. I am still getting used to driving a larger vehicle, but he drives similar to Red Rover. I never thought I would see the day when I, a 5 ft tall girl, would be driving such a beast. Don't worry, I can see over the steering wheel just fine. We really like our new addition. He will come in handy when we have more kids.
Which brings me to my next little bit of news...
That's right everyone! We are expecting child #3! I am almost 11 weeks pregnant (on Sunday)and feeling it this time. I have to constantly eat or I feel nausea. And I am always tired. Lots of napping for me. We visited the doctor Wednesday and the baby is right on schedule. I am little more nervous having three kids than having two, but McKenna is a great helper. Maybe too good of a helper, but I can't complain. Ryleigh loves her big sister and now gets to be a big sister herself. It will be an adjustment but we are ready. That's all of our good news for the last month. 2009 is off to a good start. Just have to get taxes done...
Oh, thanks to Mandi for all the box tops. McKenna was one of the box top winners for the month of January because she turned so many in. She got a pencil and a game.

9 comments:

tracie said...

Yay, the cat's out of the bag. And baby Patton is waving hello to everyone. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!! Be prepared for tons of fun!!!!!

Kristin said...

Congrats!!

Will said...

Color me surprised! I'm excited for the little one (i'm guessing dude) already.

Michael said...

Hooray! Congratulations, this is wonderful news.

Penny said...

Wow! Congratulations! We are so excited for a new cousin--that is great news! Dave and I were just wondering this morning what we were going to do with all the cute baby boy clothes that Z is out of- if its a boy you and Mandi can have all of them--if its a girl, I think you already have all of mine! Love the new car too! We are actually seriously considering the Sequoia as well, so maybe we'll have twinner cars! Lots of love to all of you!

Grandpa said...

We are so excited!

Cath, Ray, and Mia said...

Congrats! Mom told us last night. we're excited that little Noober will have a cousin just a couple of months younger. How fun! We're still waiting to know of we have a boy or girl. I need to call and schedule another sonogram.

Marthe Henderson said...

Congrats!!!!
I'm so really truely excited for you guys!
I'm sorry to hear about the bigger car though... I truely love little cars.

Leilana Warren said...

congrats! so many people pregnant with babies!! fun!