Wednesday, April 2, 2008

2 months

Ryleigh had her 2 month doctor's appointment yesterday. She weighs 10 lbs 15 oz. and is 21 inches long. Her head size is in the 60th percentile. She did not liked being poked and proded by the doctor. Since she was already crying the nurse decided to give her three shots in her thighs to add to her madness. Her face turned a nice shade of maroonish purple. She was so mad! McKenna just read a book through this whole ordeal. She figured that she had to go through this pain a couple of weeks ago so why not RyRy too. That is Kenna's nickname for Ryleigh.

Will or Kristen (not sure who) asked for details on Kenna and Ryleigh's relationship. McKenna and Ryleigh are best buds. McKenna is constantly in Ryleigh's face kissing her and talking to her. Sometimes she gets too close and Ryleigh just looks at her with huge eyes. Ryleigh reponds pretty well to Kenna. She smiles at her and tries to talk to her. She is now making cooing noises at me and Kenna when we talk to her. When Ryleigh is crying when Kenna is watching cartoons, Kenna yells "She's crying!" and then sits closer to the TV so she can hear. McKenna is a great helper to me when I am feeding the baby and need something. She is my retriever. I don't think I have heard McKenna say a negative thing about Ryleigh. Kenna even likes to watch me change her diaper. She likes to ask "Is it a big poopy one?" I don't know why she is interested in her poopy diapers. That is basically their relationship. I am sure when Ryleigh is older and mobile their relationship will change...(ie. She's touching me!!!) Can't wait for that.

4 comments:

tracie said...

Gotta love the toothless grins. She is a cutie.

Kristin said...

She has such a cute smile!

Will said...

(Kristin and my name display distinctively)
Ya know, my mom used to be extraordinarily interested in Jason's poopy-ness too - weird. I'm glad that McKenna is so helpful. She's old enough to appreciate having a little sister I think.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Thanks.