Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tummy time!

She is doing pretty good now...

She doesn't even yell anymore. Kenna is such a ham!

Thought you might want to see her rolls!
She also loves sucking on her hands.

Too cool.

Yesterday I was actually able to accomplish quite a bit. Kenna starts Kindergarten the end of July (year round) so I checked into a daycare that could take her to and from school once a week. I returned a movie to Red Box. I vacuumed downstairs and upstairs. I cleaned McKenna's bathroom toilet and shower. I hate cleaning showers. It hurts my back and legs and I always end up getting wet. I did three loads of laundry (washed and folded). I took out Ryleigh's 3-6 months old clothes and put away the 0-3 months stuff. I disinfected some toys. I managed to feed Mckenna and myself some lunch and dinner and we even stopped off at the park for a few minutes. I have to say it was a crazy day! Sometimes working at home is more tiring than working at work.

We have been slowly planting bushes and plants in our backyard. Last week we planted two rhododendrons under my kitchen window. When they bloom I will post a picture. Dan's been getting my garden ready for planting. I started some started indoors about a month ago. We already had to plant the pumpkin outside because it was getting so huge.

Dan took me out on a date to a restaurant called the Mona Lisa. It is a fondue type restaurant. It was pretty good and romantic. We were celebrating our real first date without the girls since Ryleigh was born. We hired a babysitter and everything. The funny thing is that the next morning (because both girls were sleeping when we came home that night) I found Ryleigh had her diaper on backwards! I don't know how she managed to strap the diaper on with the straps in the back, but I had to laugh.

We are excitedly anticipating our trip to California in a couple of weeks. My mom's house should be finished so we can stay there with our friends the Meldrums. We have a trip to Disneyland and Legoland planned and Tracie's baby shower and the big baby party (as my mom calls it) on Saturday. It should be a crazy weekend, but lots of fun.

3 comments:

tracie said...

I, too, had a productive day yesterday!!!! I did 3 loads of laundry and vaccuumed upstairs. I was definitely wiped out by the time I was done. I don't know what I'm going to do when our little gal comes.
It was good talking to you today. Hope you had a fun lunch with Dan. See you in a couple of weeks!!!

Kristin said...

Hey Rachel would you mind sending me an email cygnus1601@gmail.com Will and I don't seam to have your address. If you don't mind I have some med questions for you. Thanks!

David Henderson said...

Hey, There's a lot of houses for sale on our street. You could come back from outer darkness and then we could see your cute kids more! Our next friends game night is June 14. You can quickly drive down and participate if you want. :)
Cute kids.