Saturday, November 10, 2007

Car sickness

So, this may be gross but I have to report it as a mom. Friday on the way to Jodi's house, McKenna's preschool/daycare, Kenna decided she was going to clutch her stomach and moan then throw up. Luckily she wasn't feeling good when she woke up so I didn't feed her any breakfast. It was mostly spit. But still... I had to decide whether or not to turn back and go home or go on to Jodi's and clean her up there and go to work as planned. I continued on the road to Jodi's. During the confusion, Kenna was crying "Don't crash!" cuz I kept looking behind me at her. And she said, "My coat is all dirty!" The things she worries about. I told her the coat could be cleaned and she calmed down a little. We raced into Jodi's and straight to the bathroom. The other kids were very curious and crowded around the bathroom. Luckily Jodi has clean clothes for all kids at her house. Thank goodness, cuz I had nothing. I got Kenna cleaned up and changed and rushed off to work. Some mom, huh. I just left her there. But someone has to open the pharmacy. I picked her up after work and she had a fever. I could just tell by looking at her. Got her home and gave her Motrin. She crashed on the couch and watched TV for a couple of hours. By the time Dan came home from work she was jumping around and her usual self. Maybe she had a 12 hour bug. Who knows!

No comments: