Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

We woke up Christmas Eve morning to a blanket of snow outside. Dan started shoveling and when he was finished he decided to start a snowman in our backyard. Kenna woke up just in time to help. Thumper likes the snow too. He likes to catch snowballs and Kenna likes to throw them at him. The snowman turned out pretty good. Dan even gave him cheekbones. By early afternoon the snowman fell over and died. Mom and Dad Patton and Laurel decided to drive up a day early to beat any bad weather. They came up Sunday night and made it here safe and sound. Thumper loves having visitors and goes crazy when people stay over. McKenna goes crazy too. I don't think she went to bed until almost 11pm last night. It's a good thing she usually sleeps in until 8:30am. We took Grandpa, Grandma and Laurel to Sunrise Cafe, a local restaurant that serves an inexpensive breakfast and has really good biscuits and gravy. If you come and visit, most likely we will try to take you there once. Our fantasy football league ends tonight and boy am I glad. I like to watch and compete, but I stress out too much. I ended up fourth out of eight. Not bad since last year I was seventh. I am proud to say that all three girls in the league made the top four. Girls rule!! Dan is fighting for fifth or sixth. We will find out tonight. Thumper hated having the scarf on. He kept trying to rip it off his neck, jumping to twist around. Pretty funny to watch. I hope everyone's Christmas is going well and sorry for missing Christmas in California, doctor's orders. Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Penny said...

Looks fun! Glad you all had a fun day. Sorry to have missed Sunrise Cafe! I would liked to have made that outing. Speak with you soon.

David

Anonymous said...

The snowman looks great. We just got in last night and there's enough snow to make at least 5 snowmen in our backyard. Maybe I'll get ambitious...probably not. Merry belated Christmas. We missed you but maybe you'll finally come out to visit us next year. :)

Will said...

haha, I liked the snowman progression.

tracie said...

Any baby yet?!?!?!??!?!?!