Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow and Gingerbread Houses...

We decorated our gingerbread house Sunday night and here is our masterpiece. McKenna had lots of fun eating the candy and trying to help. We almost had a disaster a few times when she tried to reach over it, but in the end it turned out great. We did it from a kit so not from scratch but I am all about easier. If you look closely there is a green palm tree in the front compliments of Dan. This week was pretty busy for us. I had to sing in the Christmas enrichment of Tues while Dan helped out in the nursery with probably over 20 kids. Then I had a cookie exchange to go to Wednesday night. Do you ever go into a cookie exchange and feel like you wish you could take just your cookies back home? I made homemade oreo cookies. They turned out delicious and they are really easy to make. Thanks Adrianne for the recipe. Sunday I had to sing a solo in sacrament meeting. That was fun, but I was kinda nervous. It snowed last night and I thought I would show you the extent of snow we get here. You can still see the grass coming through. The picture with the house is taken from inside our house from an upstairs window so they are our neighbors across the street. Someday I will include pictures of what my house looks like for you Tracie. Just when it is not so cold outside... Yes I am a wimp.



Oh and the cord is what is left of our extension cord that hooked up our icicle lights thanks to Thumper. I knew it would happen sooner or later. He can never resist a good cord or plastic. Luckily it was not plugged in to the outlet at the time. Yelp!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I never knew you sang. Very cool.

I want to do a cookie exchange, but just haven't had time yet, maybe a valentines one.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the gingerbread house. Don't think I could've come even close. I'll try not to hold my breath on pictures of your house. :) I'll just assume the one across the street looks kind of like yours.

Dan in Real Life said...

You know that this Gingerbread house is very similar to our house. Just take away the candycane trusses and beams, and a few of the gumdrops and sweettarts, maybe the palmtree, and the frosting and the gingerbread.... and you have our house...

Anonymous said...

So...you're foundation is white and plastic. :) Haha