Monday, May 18, 2009

Fire Safety

Ryleigh and I went with McKenna's kindergarten class to a nearby fire station for a field trip today. It was in the 90s outside and we had to walk. The walk was about a mile each way. Boy, were those kids hot. I made it thankfully. I remembered to bring water for myself, Ryleigh, and McKenna so we were set. When we made it to the fire station, the kids watched a short movie about fire safety. Then went outside to see the truck. They rolled on the ground pretending to be on fire and saw all the gear firefighters wear. It is important not to be scared of a firefighter when they come looking for you because the mask and clothing could really freak a child out. McKenna had fun and Ryleigh was really good. She even got to participate when the kids crawled down the hallway pretending smoke was in the air. She is fast. Here are a few photos of McKenna and her class. The last one of Ryleigh is blurry, but I had to include it because she looks so cute!






Ryleigh is "jumping."









1 comment:

tracie said...

Ryleigh jumping is too cute. Also, I like McKenna's hair cut. Just in time for summer.