Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was great! Dan had his Sunday morning meetings cancelled so he could make me breakfast. We had blueberry muffins, eggs, and hash browns (on my new Bobby Flay cast iron griddle). Ryleigh and McKenna made me gifts at daycare and at school. Dan made me a DVD slideshow of the girls and bought me flowers and a card that plays music (Ryleigh chose it and wouldn't let it go so he had to buy that one). We invited the Meldrums over for. The roast was really tender and delicious and we had rolls, carrots, potatoes, and jello. What a feast! The weather was awesome so we went for a quick walk to the park and had a really relaxing day. Unfortunately, there was no time for a nap for Dan and myself. I guess you can't have everything. Ryleigh is getting really steady at standing up, but she just won't take the risk of walking. We have gotten a couple more steps out of her but she is really cautious. Soon I will be wishing she just stayed put so I won't have to chase her. McKenna is learning how to catch with a softball/baseball mitt. She is doing great, but the ball has hit her in the face and head a couple of times. She cries but gets back into it. I am glad she doesn't give up really easily. I will have to get a picture of her and Dan playing. Thumper tries to steal the ball every now and then too. The pregnancy is moving right along. Baby girl #3 is a mover and a shaker. I am not really huge yet but starting to get there. My next appointment is the fun glucose test at the beginning of June. It is not that bad but does give me a nice buzz for a while.
Gifts from Ryleigh

Gifts from McKenna

1 comment:

tracie said...

Happy Mother's day!!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Yay for Ryleigh. I wish I could keep Brooke contained but she's all over the place crawling. Good luck with the glucose drink.