Friday, May 29, 2009

Oregon Coast- Lincoln City

The girls did really well on the drive over to the Oregon Coast. We stayed at my in laws' new beach house which is a block from the beach. Saturday morning, McKenna woke up at the crack of dawn so we went to the beach to look at the tide pools. It was really windy and really cold. Ryleigh was almost frozen, poor girl. But we braved it and saw some gigantic star fish and anemones. We had lunch at Jay's which was really good. Too bad I may have had an allergic reaction to the clams or fish. My face broke out in a rash Saturday night. Benadryl and Zyrtec fixed it by Sunday morning. Sunday was a relaxing day. Dan and I took a nice walk on the beach. Walking on dry sand can kill your back when you are pregnant. I didn't last too long. Kenna and I took a nap in the afternoon while Dan and Ryleigh went for a hike. Kenna wasn't feeling really great, she has a cough, and couldn't stop coughing. I took her to the doctor's when we got back to Meridian and got her drugs. McKenna learned how to play Battleship in Oregon. She loved it. She wanted to take it home but we left it at the beach house for others to play. Sunday evening we played Canasta (even my father in law played). Monday consisted of cleaning and getting ready to go home. We left after lunch at Izzy's (all you can eat buffet) and got home a little before midnight. I kept Kenna home from Kindergarten the next morning because of the doctor's appointment and she was tired. She is getting better. Here are some pics from the tide pools and one of me showing my pooching belly (for you Tracie).
















1 comment:

David Henderson said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Marthe and I want to get up to Oregon some time. She was born up there, but has never visited. It is great to take a vacation like that and get away. We hope to see you guys sometime.