Thursday, July 17, 2008

BBQ Chicken Wings

For all those out there who have tried my mom's bbq chicken wings but don't know how to reproduce them, here's the secret recipe. It's not really secret and they are really easy to make.


Janet Wong's BBQ Chicken Wings (gotta give her all the credit)

15-20 Chicken wings (depending on how many you can eat)-thawed, washed, & drained
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper- I just sprinkle some on

Mix all ingredients together and allow to marinate for a few hours. About 1/2 hour before cooking, add 1/2 cup Kraft original bbq sauce("has to be Kraft"-my mother always says) to the wings and mix.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and arrange chicken wings in a single layer skin side up.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Brush additional bbq sauce on wings about half way through cooking.

*You can use Honey bbq sauce for variety or add hot sauce for spicyness


So if you were wondering what to make for dinner this week, I hope I gave you an idea.

3 comments:

tracie said...

Funny that you posted this. I just made this for Troy's family on Sunday and they really liked them.

Will said...

Yep, yep, yep. I think I will have this the next time I get to choose dinner! I'll admit that 1/2 the fun was eating them with your brothers though.

Rachel said...

It was always a race who could eat the most. You guys ate a ton.