Friday, July 25, 2008

Drool bomb!


If you look closely at the second picture, Ryleigh has a drop of drool hanging off her chin. This is a common occurrence now that she may have started teething. Her two bottom front teeth are pushing their way up but have not broken through. This results in excessive drooling (which Dan is constantly trying to bomb on me and McKenna), grumpiness, and whinning. I need to record her whinny voice. It is hard to bare sometimes. Ryleigh is sitting up all by herself now. Sometimes she loses her balance and falls backward which stuns her, but she can basically sit independently. I've been feeding her rice cereal and she loves it. I also mix in baby food fruit and she loves it. She tried sweet potatoes yesterday and loved it. I don't think there is anything she won't eat. I should enjoy it while I can. Oh wait... there is one thing. I, being such a good mom, was trying to get her to stop whinning at a restaurant so I was letting her taste salad dressing and other sauces off of a chop stick. I gave her some bbq sauce. She did not like that. She waved her hands in front of her face and pursed her lips until the taste went away. Then she gave me a look like I had tried to kill her. I guess it was too strong. I told my mom and we couldn't stop laughing. I won't be trying that for a while.



Now that the excitement of kindergarten has worn off, I find myself with quite a bit of time on my hands in the morning. It's not like McKenna bogged me down a whole lot, but she kept me company and busy (always asking questions). Ryleigh takes her nap at 10am so from 10 to noon I am looking for things to do. I cleaned out (vacuumed, washed the windows, and 409'd the interior) the Honda yesterday and the Toyota this morning. I also made chocolate zuchini bread. I realized after I stuck it in the oven that I forgot the salt. I hope it turns out. Yesterday I spent some of the morning looking for Thumper in the neighborhood. It's a long story, so here goes nothing...



Our neighbor has a great dane and she (the great dane) likes to play with Thumper. Her owner gets Thumper out of his kennel and takes them to the park which is basically in our backyard. He does not keep them on leashes because they like to run and chase each other. Dan and I appreciate it because Thumper gets some exercise. However, Thumper does not listen to our neighbor very well. Thumper listens to Dan and that is about it. So Thumper likes to wander off in the neighborhood. It is hard to catch him because he runs when you get close enough. He still has lots of puppy in him. I have noticed that he is running off more often so I keep a look out for my neighbor when he comes. Yesterday Thumper ran away from him. Ryleigh was napping and Kenna was at school so I searched the neighborhood with my neighbor for about 15 minutes. Thumper was no where in site. I had to wake up Ryleigh and get her loaded up in the car to drive around to look for him. Just as I was pulling out of the driveway my neighbor comes walking up with Thumper on his leash. It turns out that my neighbor had left the back gate unlocked of another neighbor's backyard to let their dog out and Thumper ran in their backyard. He got stuck in there when we lock the dog up. So he was just chilling out while we were searching frantically for him. Luckily my neighbor thought about it and checked. For the record, Thumper will probably not be going to play for a while.


So what to do with my couple of hours of silence in the house? Maybe I should go back to sleep. I always think that but it never happens. Maybe I will blog more since my blogs and my life are soooo exciting. I guess I will figure things out. After Kindergarten Kenna will be gone all day long instead of just in the morning. What'll I do then? Gotta go pick Kenna up from school. TTFN!

3 comments:

Will said...

No more BBQ sauce? You're no fun. Kindergarten Kenna sounds like something I should be able to buy at Walmart.

Leilana Warren said...

love her cheeks. how old is she, now? can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.