Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ha Ha Ha Happy Birthday! (Gus from Cinderella)

We had a blast at Kenna's birthday party! Well she did at least. With 10 girls (8 girls ages 4-5 & 2 girls ages 8-9), 2 boys (ages 1 & 5), 5 extra parents, and about 15 balloons, it was a mad house. On a side note... I don't understand why parents stay at birthday parties. I figured they would drop the girls off and run! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law stayed because they are family, but some of the other parents stayed. Strange to want to be in a house with that many kids running around. I am positively sure I don't want more than 4 of my own now.

Back to the party... It was too windy to have the party outside as planned so it was moved indoors. Talk about crazy! At least we blocked off the stairway so the party was confined to downstairs. Dan was my decorator. He did a great job!












We split the kids up into two groups. The kids traded off playing games -BINGO and Disney Princess DVD game (thank you Ray and Catherine).










Then Kenna opened her presents...





And more presents...







Sheesh, she is not spoiled.

There were even more pictures, but I thought these were plenty. McKenna posed like that after each present was opened. She is such a ham.
Then we sang Happy Birthday and had cake!







Thank goodness for all the guests. They ate the whole cake!

We had a butterfly pinata. My brother-in-law acted like the tree you tie the pinata too.

He is 6'4"ish.

We sent all the kids outside after the pinata to color with sidewalk chalk. Then it was over! Whew! What a party!


Kenna couldn't wait to start coloring after the party.

She is the best 5 year old anyone could ask for.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I Can't believe that she is already 5 years old. That means that Will and I have been married for just that long. Crazy.

Happy Birthday!!

tracie said...

Happy Birthday Kenna!!!!! Looks like you did a great job, Rachel. When my kid turns 5 you can come down and help me out. ;)

Rachel said...

I think I can handle that, Tracie. It will be loads of fun!

Will said...

That guy held the pinata? That's an America's Funniest Home Video waiting to happen . . .